INFLIBNET Subject Gateway for Indian Electronic-Resources
The genesis of the Orissa State Museum goes back to the year 1932, when two notable historians. Prof. N.C. Banerjee and Prof. Ghanshyam Dash of Ravenshaw College, Cuttack started collection of archaeological treasures from various places. The small museum was then housed within the premises of the College. In 1938, by a suitable order, the Government of Orisaa transformed this nucleus into the Provincial Museum of Orissa and appointed Committee of Management consisting of the Principal, the Head of the Department of History and three other Professors of the College.